Saturday, August 23, 2008

Traditional Romanian shoes - opinci (detail)

The so-called "opinci" are the traditional Romanian shoes. People used to wear them all over Romania before they started to be substituted with modern shoes. They are made of leather and they are also very confortable (believe me I tryed them on!).



The traditional Romanian shoes presented in this photo belonged to a woman. Although, apparently all the "opinci" look the same this detailed close up proves that each pair is unique. The beauty of each "opinca" depended on the talent and creativity of the person who made it. The "opinci" for women were more feminin (see the tiny little flowers on the traditional shoes in the photo) as compared to those for men, which were usually simple.






Doina de Jale - Gheorghe Zamfir
Asculta mai multe audio Muzica »

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aceasta tema este pur si simplu fara pereche:), este foarte interesant pentru mine:P Bravo !! vreau sa mai vad in continuare discutii pe tema asta!

Anonymous said...

I want not acquiesce in on it. I regard as warm-hearted post. Specially the title attracted me to be familiar with the sound story.

Anonymous said...

Genial fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.

Anonymous said...

Easily I assent to but I dream the list inform should secure more info then it has.

Photos by DANA GRAD ©All rights reserved.

Home -Page2- Page3- Page4 -Page 5 -Page6 - Page 7 -Page 8